Visiting Seattle Country Day School is an important step in getting to know the school and is also a
required step when applying for your child. Our tours, open house, and student visit days are detailed
below. The open house requires no reservation. A daytime tour must be reserved in advance.
The SCDS Open House provides parents the opportunity to speak with teachers, current parents, and students in a relaxed atmosphere. Visitors follow student-guided or self-guided tours, attend master
teacher presentations about our inquiry-based learning approach, and meet the Head of School.
The Open House will be held January 5, 2017, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. No reservation necessary!
Upon arriving at Seattle Country Day School, go to the Multipurpose Room to sign-in. Students applying
to third grade and above are welcome to attend the Open House. Younger children should stay at home.
To familiarize yourself in advance, take a video tour of our campus.
Tour our school with a small group of other parents between October and mid-January. Gain a better understanding of daily life at SCDS by observing our students and meeting key administrators.
Reservations are required for tours and are for families applying for the 2017-18 school year.
Parent Tours of Lower School (Grades K-3)
8:45 to 11:00 a.m. (Tour Request Form)
- Thursday, October 13, 2016 (Full)
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016 (Full)
- Thursday, October 20, 2016 (Full)
- Thursday, November 10, 2016 (Full)
- Tuesday, November 15, 2016 (Full)
- Thursday, November 17, 2016 (Full)
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016 (Full)
- Thursday, December 1, 2016 (Full)
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016 (Full)
- Thursday, December 8, 2016 (Full)
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 (Full)
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 (Full)
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017 (Full)
Parent Tours of Intermediate and Middle School (Grades 4-8)
9:00 to 11:30 a.m. (Tour Request Form)
- Wednesday, November 9, 2016 (Full)
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016 (Full)
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 (Full)
February 9, 10, 16, 17 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
January 27, 2017; 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
March 1, 2017; 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
March 2,3 2017; 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Grade 4 & 5
February 28, 2017; 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
January 23 & 24, 2017, time to be determined