All applicants are required to take the Wechsler Intelligence Scale (the WISC V or WPPSI-IV, depending on the child's age). To apply to SCDS, a child's full scale score must be in the top three percent.
This Wechsler test does not measure achievement but is rather one measure of a child’s general cognitive abilities and breadth of knowledge. It is useful as an indicator of a child’s potential for success at our school. Although the test can be administered to younger children, we recommend that parents wait until a child is 4 1/2 years old to be tested.
The following list includes the psychologists whom our applicants have most often used. Their individual fees vary. Children may be tested only once in a six to eight month period.
- Associates in Behavior and Child Development 206-361-6884 abcdseattle.com
- Dr. Belle Chenault 206-465-8068 bellechenault.com
- Dr. Carol Cole 206-324-4500
- Dr. Dana Harmon 206-283-5250
- Dr. Yumi Hiraga 206-729-2829, ext 3 arboretumpsych.com
- Dr. Karen Pavlidis 206-729-2829, ext 4 arboretumpsych.com
- Dr. Christine Mielenz 206-330-1511
- Dr. Fred Provenzano 206-361-2343
- Dr. Bryan Robison, 206-550-9736
- Dr. Amy Summers 206-522-4104 amysummersphd.com
- Dr. Debra Vilhauer 206-270-8805
- Dr. Valerie Wall 206-325-5700
- Dr. Steven Katz 425-688-7675
- Dr. Kristi Kwon 425-635-0665
- Dr. Patricia Oppenheim 425-562-1515
- Dr. Gail Rosenberg 425-821-8235
- Dr. Steve Curtis 206-780-7782 lifespanps.com
- Dr. Kathi Jackson 425-374-7225