Seattle Country Day School uses an online application system called Ravenna for submission of all application materials. Virtual Tour and Virtual Open House registration also takes place on Ravenna. Create an account to get started and search for SCDS to register for an event or to start an application.
We ask all applicants to take the Wechsler Intelligence Scale test. The Wechsler Intelligence Scale is a test of cognitive ability, and is not achievement-based. Students for whom SCDS is a good fit score at or above the 97th percentile in either the Full-Scale Intelligence Quotient (FSIQ) or General Abilities Index (GAI). We do, however, consider scores that fall close to the 97th percentile for students who demonstrate other gifted characteristics, including but not limited to:
- Intellectual energy and curiosity
- Independent thought and depth of ideas
- Creativity in the child's approach to problem-solving
- Interest in multidimensional structure of objects, ideas, and relationships
- Divergent thinking and a fascination with novelty
- Intellectual need for the differentiated SCDS program
- Social skills and emotional maturity
- Citizenship and character
We are always happy to discuss whether your child may thrive at SCDS. The admissions process is designed to teach you about our school, philosophy, and community, and we are here to assist you along every step of the way.
Please see below to find specific admissions requirements for each grade level: