Tuition and Financial Aid
SCDS Tuition for 2023–24
Grades K–3: $34,407
Grades 4–5: $37,749
Grades 6–8: $40,256
Tuition may be paid in one payment, three payments, or ten payments. An enrollment deposit is required with the enrollment agreement.
In addition to tuition, fees are assessed for various student activities and vary by grade level and activity.
The following is a sampling of activities and associated fees:
- Athletics: Approximately $65 per sport
- Camps & Trips: $200 in grade 4, $700 in grade 5, $1,500 in grade 6, $2,500 in grade 7, and $3,500 in grade 8
- Extended Day: $11 per hour, billed monthly
- Lunch Program: $6.50-$7 per day
- Winterim: $300-$1,900 per season depending on the activity
Financial assistance is available for extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
SCDS strives to maintain a student population that represents all socioeconomic backgrounds. Financial aid provides assistance to families for whom, without such assistance, a Seattle Country Day School education would not be an option. Financial assistance is based on family financial need and does not need to be repaid, but recipients must reapply for financial aid each year. Admissions and financial aid decisions are made independently; admissions decisions are made based on whether SCDS is best suited to meet a student's educational needs.
The level of financial assistance depends on a family's ability to pay and we understand each family's circumstances are different. Many factors beyond income are taken into consideration when making financial aid decisions. Please see our Financial Aid Policy and Procedure.
If you have questions or need assistance with the financial aid application process, please email Director of Financial Aid Liane Yuh or call her at 206-691-2631.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit the parents’ financial aid statement (PFS) to School & Student Services (SSS) by February 15, 2024. Take a few minutes to read this document on applying for financial aid.
- Know that SCDS also requires supporting documentation (a 2023 federal tax return if applying for the 2024–25 year). Please submit this document online to SSS no later than February 22, 2024.
- Contact SSS for assistance with completing the PFS: Their number is 800-344-8328. Thank you.